• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

::Memory not recognised by BIOS::

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R3V3L4710N

Registered
Hey guys. Been awhile since i posted. Good to be back:D

Anyway i have some problems with my BIOS, in that when i boot up, it says i have 64MB of RAM (DDR)

However, the shop that built the computer for us (i didnt know how to build them myself back then - currently building one now though:p ) assured me that he put in 256MB....

I Tweak XP and my System Information both tell me that i do indeed have 256MB of RAM installed and i have check myself by looking at the label on the actual stick of RAM...says its 256MB

So my BIOS is lying to me.....is this a serious problem or is it a simple error? It doesnt bother me but if it decreases performance in some way then i would like to fix it.

THanks in advance for your help :)

Probably it's a simple error and they put the wrong sticker on it. Take it back to were you got it. Most computer places have a tester that they can put it on and it will tell them ALOT of info about the memory chip.

Ask them to do that. Or to maybe try it in one of there test systems and see if it comes up differently.

I once had a stick of memory just die on me. One day I turned the computer on and it said 512 rather than 640 like it was suppose too.

Hope that helps
Rob

Back