• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a7v133 need help please!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard

Registered
just got new A7V and installed--it acts really crazy
last board was epox ep-8kta2
installed componets: 1gig amd tbird, soundblaster live value, maxtor 30gig 7200rpm, maxtor 20gig 5400rpm, radeon 64mb, 256mb 133memory, zoom v92 56kmodem

problems:
normal mbm5 cpu temp went from 36 on epox to 46 C on A7V, then when using asus proprietary sensor for mbm5 temp registered as 57C...maintains 57-60C at idle or 100% cpu usage
somtimes get error message explorer failed to load after about 2 hours of downloading on the net system crashes
will only handle 5% FSB speed up epox handled 10% easy and ran my tbird at 1100 mhz with no problem

since installing i have flashed bios to ver 1004 and installed lasted 4n1 driver i could find ver 5.29

also when using onboard raid it configured drive C as only 40gig then when booted to win98 scandisk checked drive C and D not just raid C , also when using windows explore it showed drive C as only 30gig the size of the maxtor that win98 is installed on not the 40gig raid drive C that was supposed to be installed, when using sandra to test raid drive speed showed speed at less than ATA100 not raid 0 speed

i know this is a lot for a post but i really need help

i thought this was suppose to be a great board but maybe i am doing something wrong

board is configured for jumperless settings

Thanks for anyhelp

ThePunkGeek (Apr 23, 2001 07:40 p.m.):
Maybe you moved the heatsink when you installed it into the new board?

whats the room temp

no heat sink is ok, have no idea what room temp is but conditions are the same in the room, i have a small efficiency appartment....also since i posted this i unlocked the cpu now runing at 1000mhz@1200
multiplier is 12x and cpu is 100mhz....when i did this the temp dropped 5 depgrees C right away

Did you set-up RAID right?
If you have only 2 HD (30G&20G) RAID0 = 40GB is right number (smallest drive x 2) and 10GB will be wasted. Also this HD combo does not maximize RAID, you should have 2 identical drives for A7V133(limited RAID support).

Radiocapte (Apr 24, 2001 04:55 a.m.):
Did you set-up RAID right?
If you have only 2 HD (30G&20G) RAID0 = 40GB is right number (smallest drive x 2) and 10GB will be wasted. Also this HD combo does not maximize RAID, you should have 2 identical drives for A7V133(limited RAID support).

thanks .....i dont know anything about raid i used autoconfigure....need to find a place to learn about it

Back