• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vdd mod and Northbidge/southbridge Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tector

Registered
8RDA Vdd mod and Northbidge/southbridge Cooling

I'd like to do the vdd mod on an 8RDA, and I was wondering if those of you that already had were running active cooling on the northbridge and passive on the southbridge.

Last edited:
I'm putting mine together right now. :D I got the Vantec Iceburg card kit. Use the big heatsink/fan on the NB and the smaller heatsink (passive) on the SB. Lol, that plus the vdd mod 5 minutes after opening the box. :D

Ditto here. Took me 45 seconds of ownership for me to get the NB off and get into putting that iceberq on. That little heatsink seems perfectly made for the SB. I went for the aluminum set for looks. The color almost matches the AGP slot.

Thanks guys! I just looked at my local PC store's web site and they have them in stock. I'll pick up one up tomorrow night after work.

Back