• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA, hit or miss ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlypSyde

I'm planning on getting an nForce2 board and my research has led me to the 8RDA. It's inexpensive, has good reviews, and I've heard lots of positive feedback. But I'm also hearing about quite a few people receiving DOA boards. Seems like there was a bad batch out there or something. Anyway, I'm planning on getting one through newegg or mwave and I was wondering, what are the chances that I'll end up with a DOA? The reviews on newegg show a lot of happy people with this board, but there are quite a few who either had major problems or multiple DOA's. This is in comparison to the MSI K7N2-L where everyone who bought one was happy with it. Can any one who works for a computer store or something shed some light on the number of returns they've had for the 8RDA? Thanks! :D

FlypSyde said:
This is in comparison to the MSI K7N2-L where everyone who bought one was happy with it.

That may be the case at newegg but I doubt that's a large enough group to really make a judgement on. I would strongly suggest the epox board though. Other than my own stupidity and addiction, I've had nothing but good luck with my epox.

Thanks, I just now went ahead and got one from newegg. They had sold out of this board a couple of days ago and just this morning they had it in stock again. Hopefully it's a new batch. :D

I think you'll be very happy with it :)

<offtopic>

must be something about california and flyp---- A guy in one of the irc rooms i hang out in uses the nick Flypcyd or Flypserv. Is there something in california that you guys get your names from or something? :) no offense of course

</offtopic>

hopefully yours is an ok board.

i've had 2 dead ones from newegg very recently.

Yeah, saw your posts about that. It's partially why I was wondering about this board. It seems like NewEgg recently had a bad batch or something. But I also heard about people who didn't buy theirs at NewEgg that arrived DOA. I figured if I'm running the risk of getting a DOA board then at least I have NewEgg to deal with. I guess I'll find out in a few days.

I ordered mine from newegg and it's been working fine. I guess they're like every other company, they get good shipments and they get bad ones. Good luck with yours.

My wife just called me here at work to let me know the board came in! :D

I love living near NewEgg's warehouse, 3-day FedEx Saver always turns into overnight shipping for me!

I probably won't get around to installing it tonight though. :(

Well, swapped my brand new 8RDA into my system and it seems to be working fine. Booted up with no problems and recognized my XP 2100 correctly. This board is replacing a Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite that came bundled with the CPU. If your familiar with the KT333 then you know the problem I was having! That's as far as I got. I'll put Win2K on it tonight and then do some stress testing. :D

Back