• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

112FSB w/ jumpers on Acer v75m mobo w/ Sis530

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zoda

Hey I am trying to get my FSB to 112MHZ, the problem is my documentation only lists how to get 100. Do you think I can still possibly get 112?

SW3(switch 1, 2, 3, 4) Frequency(MHz)
CPU | SDRAM | PCI
Off, On, On, On 66.6 66.6 33.3
On, On, Off, Off 66.6 100 33.3
Off, On, Off, On 83.3 83.3 33.3
On, On, On, On 90 90 30
Off, On, Off, Off 95 95 31.7
Off, Off, On, On *100 *100 *33.3

I am thinking maybe off,off,off,on will do it for some reason, but it's just a guess.... I dont understand how this works at all and can find barely any info on the motherboard or chipset anywhere...I got this from IBM's site since originally it was an IBM 2170-190 (until I added parts and formatted).. the switches listed all match up and I know its the right documntation, but it only lists up to 100MHZ for the FSB, when it seems 112 is very common for most motherboards around this time. So I think maybe they just didnt list it..

Any ideas?

I am kind of afraid to change it just because this is my first overclock ever and I will not have a computer if I fry this one.. At least till I buy me new one (very soon), but still It would be nice to have 2 computers in the house and all. So Im worried about setting the multiplier up and not changing the FSB, or just changing the FSB and not knowing what it will do (is it gonna be 112?)

All I planned to do is take the FSB up to 112 and lower the multiplier to 4.5.. I was told this should increase stability. From there I may try a little more, but want to start small.

specs:

AMD k6-2+ 500MHZ CPU
geforce 4 mx420 pci (dont have agp)
256MB PC133 SDRAM
DSL
13GB HD with a low RPM
Acer V75M motherboard
ESS SOLO onboard sound
300W HEC Power supply

Sandra reports that the max FSB is 100 so I guess it is.. Ohh well.

Back