• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8inxp Wow!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingdom

Hi.

I just got this board and paired it up with 2*256 kingston hyperx 3500 ram and a 3.06ghz chip, and wow!

Before i were running on an asus p4pe board the chip could do 3.45ghz 100% stable at 1.625vcore (1.7 idle and below 1.6 load)

Now the chip is doing 3.57ghz at the same vcore in the bios allthough the vcore seems to be steady at both load and idle is this correct ? if so im never buying asus again, also the memory are at 310mhz at 1.5,2,2,5 timings, this is amazing!!

But, the temp readings in mbm and other programs are way off, just after startup it says 38c in the bios, when i get into windows and open mbm5 or any other similar program it says 78c, i know this is untrue, any fix for it ? after a bunch of load i reboot and the bios says its 49c i add 3c just to know the somewhat full load temp 30 earlier, anyone else having theese weird temp reading in windows ?

Otherwise this is an amazing board newer had anything like it before, pretty glad i didnt go for the p4g8x, wow 10/10 from here gigabyte fix the temo reading and its 11/10, so far this board have excedded my wildest expectations for it :D !!

but i guess i should just ignore the wacky temp readings, i must say i belive the bios alot more than when 1 program tells me 79c and another tells me 71c at the same time :) maybe a mbm update is needed ?

Congrats on your new setup. You have to set up MBM so it will give you the correct readings. Go to the MBM site for more info, but this is how I have mine set up.

Go to voltages on MBM settings and select standard 4 in drop down box for voltage configuration.

Under temperatures set CPU temp to use ITE8712F-3 Diode

By the way this board doesn't have motherboard temperature readings. Mine stays at 25C always, so I assume it does not actually have a probe.

Skeetman

well i cant get mbm to show correct no matter what i do, it shows 76c as soon as i start it up even after a cold boot, allthough the bios tells me some 40c.

Another thing sisoft sandra tells me somewhat better temps, allthough the rise to quick imo, but sisoft show some 40idle, and sometimes mbm does that too allthough i only think i'd seen it twice in mbm, then i start prime95 and mbm goes back to the 76c, and sisoft gets to 56c in about 1½ min and stays there all the time...

Then i tried to reboot without closing prime95 and enter the bios and the bios temp showed 49c, so now im guessing it would have dropped some 2c maximum 3c in thoose 30 seconds it takes to reboot and enter the bios, and i doubt that my temps are falling with 7c thoose 30 seconds it takes at most probably less, so sisoft are showing wrong temps too right ?

Other than that its prime95 stable for about 3 hours "havent tested more than that" and when i reboot and enter bios it says 49c.

So am i right in guessing it gets about 52c during prime95 load ?

sory if it is said confusing, i hope you get the point, otherwise this board is still excellent!!

And anyone know how the vcore are during load and idle, meaning does it over or undervolt during one of them and by how much ? i cant seem to see if it does but i dont trust any readings in windows, but by the bios it looks like it overvolt a little bit nothing to mention imo, i just dont know if it undervolts during load :)

still tweaking but heres my current settings:

3533 (154fsb)

36/37 idle (bios reports 40)
46/47 full load

Vcore = 1.62 all the time
(Bios health reports 1.666, set to default, bios posts "1.55") ?

temps are with:

x2 80mm rear exhaust fans at slow 2000rpm
antec rear psu fan at ~1000-1400 rpm
x1 front 120mm over the rad at lowest lian li speed setting (virtually silent)
(front 80mm fans disabled)

I can boot to 158 but stuff starts failing and i have to start adding voltage and increasing pci/agp frequencies. 3.6ghz would be a nice round figure to achieve but for the bonus and piece of mnd of having a few degrees lower temps and default everything voltages and everything else, 67Mhz is a small price to pay.

I may try and get it stable at 155.. havent done much testing at that speed. But other than that i am concentrating now on making things even quieter (removing NB fan and x1 rear fan etc..) and rebuilding my backup/storage rig.

Hmm...idle is now 35 degrees ? seems to fluctuate

oh.. and memory = 2,6,2,2 (15.6, disabled, enabled)

i found that this gave better sandra bandwidth scores than 2,5,2,2

Kingdom, are your voltages and sgp/pci freq's default ?

no, my vcore are set to 1.65 in the bios, and i upped the agp/pci freq to the second choice, my mem timings are 1.5,2,2,5 its stable as long as i dont enable performance mode allthough i upped the mem voltage to 2.7v

okay i'll try that

1.65 and +0.2 VDIMM

can you find out exactly what you mean by "second choise" is that the first choice after "default", i.e. 34/67 ?

yes, thats 34/67, also try changing ur cas2 to 1.5, seems to work fine at theese speeds, allthough you probably have to diable the performance/turbo mode to get it stable, if u have enabled this.

right, i can get the thing to run pretty stable at 155 fsb but i do have to start adding voltage and stuff and for me its just not worth it

im happy to remain at 154

if i could get stability at 3.6 then i'd add teh vdimm and teh vcore cos 3.6 sounds good but as it is i'd rather stick at a very rock solid 154 with lower temps etc..

i dont think ur temps would go above 50c load if you upped the vcore once and ran it at 155mhz fsb wich is somewhere about 3.57ghz

if i can run everything standard at 1 lower fsb then id rather do that. NOt that vcore and vdimm changes will harm it or affect temperature but its just piece of mind.

i9m testing prime95 @ 157fsb with 1.65vcore, its 3.61ghz, if it is instable i'll up the vcore to 1.675, if its still unstable there i'll drop the 3.6ghz :) but i'll let u know :)

hmm, seems like mine need 1.7v to run stable at 3.61vcore, so im running it at lower speed thne :)

Kingdom

All reports in this board and other boards I've read say the 8INXP overvolts the setting in bios by 0.08. If you set your vCore at 1.70 in bios your actual vCore will be 1.78. This greatly increases your chances for SNDS. Of course it's up to you, but I would be careful with a 500+ dollar CPU. Even 1.65 in bios puts you into dangerous waters if you are worried about frying your chip.

Check out the threads about vCore and SNDS in the Intel CPU section of this board for more info.

Skeetman

Back