• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kd7-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Hey, how goo dis this board? I have an xp2100+ that needs a ne whome (board died) and I can get a used one for 40. Will I be able to OC it very high? I wanan get to about 2.3ghz. Basically, i dont wanna through out the cash for an Nforce2 board. Now, will it be auto unlocked and will the board set the multis and crap right? What are the highest Voltages, fsb, etc?
Thnx.

I think i am going to order one of these from newegg
there is a review for it that i could find and it has tons of options it said an overwhelming amount or something annd i think it said the max voltage and fsb and all that stuff and it was very high so it should be really good for overclocking.

I just saw one at newegg in the refurb section and went to place it in my basket and it was gone. Damn!

MrAngry said:
I just saw one at newegg in the refurb section and went to place it in my basket and it was gone. Damn!
Yo MrAngry that was me. Sorry about that. I bought one refurb earlier and corrupted the Bios overclocking too high too soon. I bought two new Bios chips from Excaliber for 11.99 each but don't know how to change it out and when I saw that board I jumped on it. From what I did see the bios has a 1/5 divisor and seemingly unlimited voltage settings.

I did everything wrong. Tried to jump straight to 166FSB X13 and got 1258. Booted into Windows (the thing was flying, like 7 second bootup) and it started plug n play loads of new board on top of ECS. Locked up and haven't been able to get it to boot since. I have read of this happening to NF2 bios also if OC is wrong. Clearing Cmos no go. I say all this to warn, and to tell Mr Angry where his board went .:p :)

The chip used in all this is an XP1700+ DLT3C 0302*mpm. I'll do it right this time. Don't want MrAngry on my case for trashing his board.

Back