• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7 and IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natgas

The IC7 is available on 4-23 and the IC7-G is available on 4-24 from AZZO; pricing is $180 and $240; just ordered my IC7 today

some people may not want to wade through 15-20 other posts to see a price/availability! that's why

natgas said:
The IC7 is available on 4-23 and the IC7-G is available on 4-24 from AZZO; pricing is $180 and $240; just ordered my IC7 today

WOW ,
I hate to tell ya this .....
you paid tooo much for your IC7 . :(

Googlegear and Excaliberpc have the IC7 for $150 (IN STOCK)

Sorry man . Try and cancel your order ???
(just trying to save ya a few $$$)

stereo555

From what everyone is saying, it does not! too bad all the hype indicated it did; even Abit's website and most vendors; I believe all have been changed now; no big deal; there's always a 10/100 board laying around somewhere!

Maxvla said:

not anymore :(

JDLT1 said he ordered his IC7-G today and its already been shipped out ! HERE

They have good reseller rating too HERE

Gett'em while ya can !!!;) :D

stereo555

Last edited:
i'm not ordering one anyway. i don't have 250 bucks. i'll wait for abit's springdale board sometime next year.

abit is always the very last company to come out with a board. thats really annoying.

*UPDATE*

If anyone is interested .....

Googlegear has BOTH IC7 and IC7-G available INSTOCK "again" as of 4/28/03 7:45 PM PST

stereo555

I ordered my IC7_G from Essencompu.com as Stereo555 pointed out and yes its shipped today and I will get on wed! cant wait.

JDLT1

The Abit Springdale board, the IS7-G is available NOW, you don't need to wait until next year, it's available at newegg.com.

Did any one notice this at excaliberpc (for all the newer Abit 875P/876 chipsets with ICH5 RAID mobos ) :

Serial ATA RAID
- On board 2 channels Serial ATA 150MB/s data transfer rate
- Supports RAID 0
Does NOT compatible with Serillel Kit. Supports only Serillel-2 Kit, which ABIT-USA has not made available yet!

GEEZ now they post this (little LATE ya think)
I had already ordered two Abit Serillel IDE to Serial ATA Adapter kits ; now it say they are NOT compatible . .
Whats up with that ?

If this is true , then I can not even use my IC7 (in RAID0) till the newer "Serillel-2 Kit" is availble .

What lousy marketing timing .

Anyone know if this is correct or not ?

TIA , stereo555

Last edited:
stereo555 said:
Did any one noitce this at excaliberpc (for all the newer Abit ICH5 RAID mobos ) :

Serial ATA RAID
- On board 2 channels Serial ATA 150MB/s data transfer rate
- Supports RAID 0
Does NOT compatible with Serillel Kit. Supports only Serillel-2 Kit, which ABIT-USA has not made available yet!

GEEZ now they post this (little LATE ya think)
I had already ordered two Abit Serillel IDE to Serial ATA Adapter kits ; now it say they are NOT compatible . .
Whats up with that ?

If this is true , then I can not even use my IC7 till the newer "Serillel-2 Kit" is availble .
What lousy marketing timing .

Anyone know if this is correct or not ?

TIA , stereo555

alright, i KNEW it had to be some kind of problem....well i set up my raid when i first got the board (IC7) and i'm using 2 WD 80gb SE's for my raid 0 and i'm using the serillel adaptors.

Well when i first started it up only 1 drive w/adaptor showed up after POST, so i restarted the computer a couple of times then they both showed up so i installed windows, it rebooted and then only 1 would show up again. so i changed cables and plugged them into its own power cord, each. i thought at first it was the adaptor or that they werent getting enough power. i still dont know what the problem is, so i'm think what you found out to be it. it seems to happen to the same drive everytime so i ordered another adaptor from newegg and it should be here this week hopeing thats the problem.

as of right now i DO have my raid up and running for 3 days now, and this problem usually only happens when i restart, if i turn off my computer then turn it back on, the raid shows up. it does seem like they arent getting enough power because they have been running fine with their own power connector without anything else plugged into it. if i plugged in a fan on the same line it would act up again during a restart, but the thing is i'm not strapt for power...i have an antec true power 550. so i'm going to buy these serillel-2 kits when they come out and see if that works, only if my new adaptor which is coming doesnt do the trick.

well you can use the kits out there now and once the computer recognizes the raid, it works all the time because i've had my comp on for about 24 hours now and no problems at all, its only when i restart that it doesnt show up, but once i get it to show up, it works perfectly and quite fast

Does this only happen when you use raid, because i am getting this board and i dont use raid, i am using th regular IDE controller

Back