• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ vs NF7...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Purds

I currently have the 8RDA+ but I think I wanna try a higher FSB than I am currently gettin with my Epox board...

I have been told that the NF7 is the current FSB champ, so I was thinking about getting a new REV2.0 NF7 and ditching the 8RDA+...

I have done a bit of reading here and it seems the major complaint with th Abit board is that SATA and RAID arent really working out too well...since I will never use either, are there any other concerns I should look at before buying an NF7?

I am currently running an XP1700+ B-core and I can hardly break 190...can anyone else with the same chip post there FSB accomplishments with this board?

thanx in advance...

They are both super boards but for really high fsb's it is of course luck of the draw. The newer abits seem to be going very high and almost no bios corruption anymore either.

yes the raid on the sata is sucking and hopefully will be fixed soon.
you could just get a plain nf7 but i hear the sounds kinda sucks but i dont use it much anyhow. i bought a nf7-s as it was the first to get the rev2 NB

ive owned an 8rda also and its my second favorite but this abit is worlds ahead of it.

I am buying an audigy2 so no sound doesnt daunt me...

as far as luck of the draw is concerned, I dont think I had much luck with the 8rda+ that I have...hoping to get a little better next time around though with the Abit...

I have had the rev. 1.2 (202x11) and the rev. 2.0 (210x11 currently). These boards do not disappoint. Keep up with the forums for info on BIOS settings and tweaks, do the Vdd pencil mod, cross your fingers, and you should do well with this board. I highly recommend it.

Back