• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Uses...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i use it, and i like since it seems to be really accurate (i haven't noticed any difference from bios values at post)

it depends on which motherboard you use and whether or not it reads the thermal diode in the core of the processor.... most newer epox boards do NOT read this diode and are verry inaccurate. they read from a pin in the socket of the motherboard... which is pointless because you want hte tempature of the core not the processor socket... the 8RxA(+) does not read from the diode...

software is neither accurate or inaccurate, it just reads what it is given. That i know of there is no way to read the internal diod on the 8rda, it is used for overheat protection only.

I use it and MBM5 and both read the same because they are both given the same info from the Diode on my 8KA3, in my sig below. Different BIOS's give some different readings.

WyrmMaster is right.. I guess the only roundabout way you can tell is to set your overheat protection low and see what MBM is saying when it kicks in. I still havent had it happen though.

Back