• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel DDR NF7-S Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetalStorm

I have 2 sticks of PC3500 HyperX ram in slots 2 and 3 (the two closest to each other) do I actually have to change any settings or does it automatically run in dual channel mode? Also are there any benchmarks that will measure its performance? Or can I just double the figure given in Sandra?

Thanks in advance

With sticks in slots (2&3) or (1&3) or (1&2&3), dual channel is automatically enabled.

AFAIK, Sandra won't show accurate dual channel bandwidth.

Memtest86 shows a big difference in throughput between single and dual channel.

off-topic but may interest you. I don't know if you are aware but kingston hyperx ram and abit nf7-s v2.0 (nforce2 new revision) are incompatible, as kingston says. This is true in high fsb setups (200+).

So I'd like to know if you are having any stability problem with your setup, as I ordered a similar one (except for the ram which is PC3000). What fsb are you running? Have you tried running in your ram's stock speed (217 mhz)?

skane said:
With sticks in slots (2&3) or (1&3) or (1&2&3), dual channel is automatically enabled.

AFAIK, Sandra won't show accurate dual channel bandwidth.

Memtest86 shows a big difference in throughput between single and dual channel.

Hmmm, does the same thing apply for PCmark as Sandra, because I only scored ~5000 on the memory test, when I had PC2100 (not dual channel) installed I got ~4000 ... shouldnt it be double that?

Back