• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
theres not too many gpu blocks out there, not that many that look good either, the main reason for that is they arent really to be seen.... theres nothing to see when its sitting under that gfx card.

Mine looks pretty dang sweet, but I dont think Ill be making those ones anymore for the above reason.

I have the becooling black and chrome gpu block. It works fine enough, at least I can't feel any warmth off the back of the card (very scientific test, huh).
My card didn't have holes, so I had to use AA adhesive.
It's also a restrictive little booger. The 3/8 barbs with 90 degree elbows don't make it a big challenger in flowrates.
But, I only have a hercules 8500le because I don't game anymore, and really am not puting out much heat, it does fine as a low-end block on a low-end card. :p

If only swiftech made one with a copper top. They have a pretty nice looking gpu block, but I'm not willing to add aluminum to my system, anodized or not. An acrylic top made in the same shape would look nice too.

directron.com has a pretty decent selection of gpu blocks. I tend to like the swiftech one from there which is about $45 i think.

Diggrr said:
I have the becooling black and chrome gpu block. It works fine enough, at least I can't feel any warmth off the back of the card (very scientific test, huh).
My card didn't have holes, so I had to use AA adhesive.
It's also a restrictive little booger. The 3/8 barbs with 90 degree elbows don't make it a big challenger in flowrates.
But, I only have a hercules 8500le because I don't game anymore, and really am not puting out much heat, it does fine as a low-end block on a low-end card. :p

If only swiftech made one with a copper top. They have a pretty nice looking gpu block, but I'm not willing to add aluminum to my system, anodized or not. An acrylic top made in the same shape would look nice too.

what's wrong with having anodized aluminum in ur setup? just aluminum i can understand tho (corrosion)

Unless the level of anodization on the aluminum is level 2 (D-tek, and i am pretty sure swiftec also) or level 3 (very expensive, but by far the best, I don't think anyones uses this) and is done properly, there will be corrosion problems in the system. Also, even if the aluminum in the system is anodized, if you are mixing metals always use a corrosion inhibitor (Water Wetter, or Zerex etc...)

Also some people just prefer to have their entire system one metal, all copper and no aluminum.

ReactivitySeriesList.gif

if there are two metals then the one higher up the series is likly to oxidise first. but you could also get a battery effect if there are enough ions in the water(shouldn't happen!)
but swifty use copper and ally on there blocks so i guess they have done there reearch on anodising or they wouldn't be as renound as they are (looks at big quiet power case in corner)

This is the block I'm cooling my Ati 9500Pro.

gf42.jpg

Purchased from Jfettig. Performance is excellent

I dont OC my GPU ;) So after an Unreal2 session 36-38C Load

The Ati Stock Heatsink looks bad :D

damn, i am :( :)

oh well, you can always give the danger den block a glimpse, thats the one i am getting for my 9800. you can have it in 1/2"ID or 3/8"ID

gemini makes a nice little gpu block. you should search for them, im in the prcoess of cooling my cpu, nb, and gpu, i will let you guys know how it all performs after its all setup.

Back