• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sparkling springs water chiller for cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremly cool

Registered
hey i modified a water chiller and made it a cpu chiller that is both quiet and has 1/2 inch fittings and renforced hose 1/2 inch also
but i was wondering if i will get any condensation at the water block which is a maze 3 from danger den

this is my first

big compressor! lol

bet it'll be able to keep the CPU nice and chilly willy. heh i made a rhyme!

so either get your CPU puttin out enough heat to keep it above ambient (that'll be alot of heat!) or just insulate really good.

heh 1ph is not 1hp. 1ph means its a one phase wich means it takes 110v AC.

LRA of 4.5 means its prolly close to a 500btu compressor wich is too small to keep up with a heatload off a cpu. Direct die it might work but the temps would be high.

No, that is a pretty damn small compressor.He said it is 1PH aka 1 phase.An LRA of 4.5 amps is very low.4.5 seems smaller than most mini fridges even.But hey might as well give it a shot. :)

LRA is locked rotor amps.Not a good way to tell compressor size, but it is okay for a guess.

hey i just got a pretty big ac compressor and i was wondering what kind of hp it was putting out cause it doesn tsay on the side

here are the specs-
volts - 230/208
phaze - 1
refrigerant - r22
cooling btu - 18000/17500
hz- 60
lra - 43.3

and those are all the specs i coudl find on the compressor any body got any good guesses as to hp and weather or not it will make a good water chiller or will i have to run diy

thats a big compressor, over 1hp. You would be best off making a chiller with it. Also that will draw some major current, it needs to be run off a 220v line so make sure you have one close by.

Back