• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double fan type thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
everything is possible...
the question is, "r u need this?"

i don't think double fan's performance r better than single...
(not %200...)

You could do that. It would give you more air pressure, but flow would not increase 2x. It might help a bit, but you obviously get more noise.

I always do that, reply to one answer and another appears before i finish typing. SO you think it will help a little? Its just I cant afford a decent HSF at the moment and I want to do the pencil trick on my OEM 8500.

can you try this?

cooler.jpg

That looks better, Id have to make somethig to seperate the fans but that shouldnt be too tech. i get the card tommorow so Illsee if I can put the results of the fan thing on here.

I dont have a digital camea so I doubt it, sorry. My friend has a dv vid cam but between us we dont have a firewire :(
so its unlikely.

If you are going to get any kind of improvment you are going to need a good gap between the two fans otherwise they are going to hurt you. When the air exits the first fan it is being beat up pretty good, this makes it hard for the next fan too get an deseant amount of air thus hurting your cooling ability. if i had to guess i would said a gap of about 4-5 inches.

oh what about an arch made of fans???? probably wouldnt work. but id have to say the best bet for separating them would eb get some plexiglass or plastic and cut it to fit the fan frame and try fixing them altogether using some type of glue maybe super glue or rubber cement??? id like to try this.

On my old volcano6(it was very wide) i mounted 2 fans side by side and lost 5c. Very worth it, as at cooled down my chipset as well.

RyanK27 said:
oh what about an arch made of fans???? probably wouldnt work. but id have to say the best bet for separating them would eb get some plexiglass or plastic and cut it to fit the fan frame and try fixing them altogether using some type of glue maybe super glue or rubber cement??? id like to try this.

To make a spacer I took a couple of old fans and cut the hubs out and epoxied them together. Filled the seams on the inside and sanded it smooth. Works good as a spacer but dont know if it would be enough gap between the 2 fans to increase performance.

On my old volcano6(it was very wide) i mounted 2 fans side by side and lost 5c. Very worth it, as at cooled down my chipset as well.
How do you mean side by side, like just 2 fans next to each other?

hats a ruccy good good idea old chum, my dad was saying it would be good to have one pulling and one pushing. I couldnt think where to put it though. I was thinking of drilling some holes in the gpu to let the air through, but i dont have the card yet.Thatll be the first thing i do when i get it.:)

Back