• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

putting ceramique on slk900u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

Wel with the p4, the whole entire heatspreader is bigger then the bottom of the slk900u. I'm used to applying as3 to a 2.2a with a alpha 8942 where the bottom of the 8942 will fit the entire p4 chip so I just spread as3 over the entire silver heatspreader on the cpu. How do i do this with the slk900 u?

spread it all over the heatspreader.. same way.. the contact of the slk-900u doesnt cover the whole heatspreader.. but u should still cover it all with the thermal paste of ur choosing.

Since the core of the P4 in the center, it's covered by the HSF. There's nothing under the part of the IHS that isn't covered that generates heat anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's not all covered, as long as the core is under the HSF base.

oh yeah, didn´t remember that the core was a small part of the IHS... thanks for clearing that up ;)

Back