• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

errors installing os's on a7v8x-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

so here we go...

asus a7v8x-x motherboard, amd athlon xp 2100+ (default clock), 1 gig of no name ram, wd 40 gig hd, gforce 4 ti 4600, soundblaster live 5.1 sound.

no matter what i do i cannot get windows to install correctly for me. ive tried 98, 2000 pro, and xp pro. granted the xp pro install was an upgrade because i dont have the bootable cd-rom disk, i still get the same errors as i do with 2000 pro. windows 98 is the only os i can get to work. and when i get it in and get all the drivers but the video driver installed it works. as soon as i install my driver for the gforce it either restarts or gives me a windows protection error screen and i cant get in.

when i install them now i get so many different blue screen errors i cant even name them all. everything from "irq_less_than_or_not_equal" deal, to the page fault error, to a memory access error. this all started when i bought the new motherboard to use my 2100+ and now i dont know what the hell to do.

anyone with any info on this board with these errors please tell me what to do.

Update - now my father has been screwing around with it and it wont read or boot off of my floppy or cdrom...wtf? D:

thats 4 complete test so like each 1 test consist of 7 test if i recall . so just let it go for id say 2 hours to be sure

Back