• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What fan controller can handle a tornado?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I'm going to get a 92mm tornado, because I need more air than this 56cfm fan. So, I"m going to get a tonrnado and a fan controller. I also need to control some of my other fans, so it's not just for a tornado.

I really like this one:http://www.xoxide.com/blen5symotrp.html

But, I need to know if it would be able to handle a tornado, since it takes 12.5 watts.

That one can probably do it, but the sunbeam fan controller(just a fan controller) can handle 20w per channel, it has 4 channels, so 80W, you can hook up more then one fan per channel if you wan just leave the tornado on one by itself.
IT's $17.99 @ www.svc.com either one, if you need all the extra's the enermax has, get it.

yea, i was looking for one when i got my vantec...but then i got use to it.

besides, real men like their equipment nice and loud ohh ohh ohhh

My mom is complaning about it now, what would she do with a tornado........She can hear it from her bedroom, so I'm going to have to dial stuff down at night.

"besides, real men like their equipment nice and loud ohh ohh ohhh"
I second that(one of the reasons I stuck a Britney HSF on my 800MHz P3).

Well, I'm going to get the sunbeam rheobus, and the tornado in 5 minutes. Anyone think that would be a bad combo, or reccomend a better one?

I'm going to get a SLK900U & 92mm Tornado from a friend for $50. That Sunbeam looks good but I don't like it going below 7v as it could stall the CPU fan. So I'll have to find one that can hancle 20w but not drop below 7v. Vantec looks like it's the right voltages but might get hot running that 12.5w fan on a 15w rheostat.

I'd just get it. If you don't dial it down past 7V it will all work good. I'll past how it does once I get it.

Or, you could make some kind of stop for it. Like make a little thing sticking out on the case and then one on the handle to stop it. I have a door, so I'll just put it were I want it and close that.

There might be a way to mod one rheostat so it never drops below 7v by putting a power resistor across it so enough current gets through to maintain a minimum voltage. This is only for the CPU fan.

Back