• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soltek 75FRN2-L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy jim jim

Registered
soltek 75FRN2-L hmmmmmmm

Well this is my first post here.

I know one person in this forum and hope to meet more that will help me in my overclocking ventures.

So to start off my soltek75FRN2-L mobo is excellent but.....
I am curently running OCz Pc 3200 512 ram and cannot get over 200 Fsb with out crashing my system. I am currently stable at 200 fsb multiplier at 10 and are optimal. I have tried reducing the mult and upping the fsb and it causes wacked problems I have had to reformat a couple times due to windows files getting hooped.

I tried 2 sticks of 512 and major conflicts Wonder if it has to do with the t-bred chip 2100+

I am in the process of possibly selling this ram and getting 2x 256 sticks but what kind? Anyone have any ideas to help me out!

Last edited:
okay here is the breakdown

advanced chipset
optimal
Auto
Optimal
9-4-4-2
128mb
66Mhz
enable
disable
50%
enable
disable

Under Voltage

cpu ratio X10
cpu volt 1.775V
Agp volt 1.5V
Dimm 2.7 volt
Vdd 1.7 V

runing TB 2100+ amd chip

Sandra : 2.01 Ghz estimated 2484 model chip
Sandra mem bandwidth: 3010 /2890

what is underclocking? i think i might have tried this.. I did everything. I am runing stable at 200 fsb 10 multiplier for the ultimate series pc 3200 ocz ram i guess that is good. Can go a half more to 10.5 on multi before all heck brakes loose. The fsb cannot go any higher.

***Note i am not to sure the settings in the timing are correct.

I have them set as above and that is the last i left them at. Got kinda mad at changing them for over a hour of playing lets see how many times i can see a windows file is missing at boot up.

I reformat at least 10 times a day..........

You might want to increase the cpu voltage. set the vdd to 1.8v, if your motherboard has the NB cooler with a fan. If you think the chip is causing problems, then run at the lowest possible multiplier, and see how far the FSB goes. You should also try to see how much the 2100+ can oc by lowering the FSB and increasing the multiplier. I recommend the Kingston Hyper-X PC 3200, they are great and reliable.

don't get me wrong

I am very happy with my mobo and set up......

Stable @ 200FSB all the time 24/7 and loving it.

I just went out got another 512 ocz pc 3200 stick to have it do wonky things on me, played with thesettings in bios tryed to fine tune and nothing.........

So i got rid of a gig of ram and back to 512 stable. It kinda makes me wanna say scrw this mobo and all of the oc'ed crap!

So i want to know 1000000% what is the for these mobo's so if i do get rid of this stick i can be assured to run a gig of ram and be able to run fsb speeds at 200 and more at all the times...

I am actually gonna try the multi low and run my fsb as high as i can get it......

I am at 10 multi/
Expert 200 fsb
Timing settings:
Aggressive:

expert 6-3-3-2

Another thing is set the "cpu interface" to Optimal, dont use the Aggresive setting. The aggresive setting lowers the latencies between the memory and northbridge, and that could be one of the problems.

If you are unable to post past 200mhz FSB then something is definately wrong there.

Either it's "operator error" or your RAM is bad.

I have no problem hitting 230fsb with this motherboard.

Be sure CPU interface is optimal, CPU settings to EXPERT, then set your memory timings to EXPERT, and enter them in manually. If you fail to do this, then the BIOS will pick settings for you, which in some cases throws the RAM out of whack, or makes it run slower than it normally would.

I have no experience with OCZ RAM but have heard good and bad things about them. Maybe you got a bad stick(s), try some different RAM.

Your running pc 2700 and getting 220fsb?

I am thinking of getting more ram persay 2 x 512 sticks within the week and want some feedback on the best ****it for the soltek board. I do not wanna screw around to figure out it will not go beyond what i got.

settings are 200fsb
expert
optimal
expert 6-3-3-2

multiplier is 10.5

Its running with a 2100+ amd chip and volcano 9 heatsink
cranked full time

Heat is a issue these days in my hot *** apartment, the human fan laid up atop the cpu works great to keep me down at 43.5C cpu temp, other wise within a minute its at 50+ and climbing.

This could be my reason of sudden shut downs and reboots???

Well regardless i want to try some ram within the week someone got info on what is the best for this board please reply fast.

Oh and sandra says i am running
2.11Ghz
2626 model number
V core 1.775
Agp 1.5
Dimm 2.7
VDD 1.7
CPu ratio 10.5

This is stable today with the heat and the human fan next to it set to number3...

LOL

oh and i am going to try the lapping of the northbridge and arctic silver 3 it, should improve heat transfer better than is for today i felt it without human fan on and it burnt my finger pretty good.

2 fans in power
2 fans in rear
2 fasn in front
volcano 9 cranked to the full
Its pretty loud and think its only going to get louder

Welcome aboard the forum Jimmy.

I have the SL-75MRN-L with the 2100 downgrade 2700 OC'd 2.16GHz. I can get the 2100 to a 2700 in two ways. Set the fsb to 166 and the memory to Auto, or, set the BIOS to Agressive and let the BIOS OC it. I can go User Defined and up the fsb to 167 and memory auto and it's stable for a while then eventually locks up. I set the fsb to 166 and it runs forever stable.

I use this cooler with Arctic Silver: http://www.nexfan.com/evcucoacofrs1.html
Idle runs 40C and full load 45C.
During summer I leave the side off the case and point a small seven inch $5.00 floor fan I bought at WalMart blowing in the case. Keeps everything inside nice and cool and not at all as noisy as two case fans. Kind'a funky but it works for me.
If I close the case up and use one intake & one exaust fan (both 30CFM) I see 44C idle and 48C to 50C full load depending on time of day & ambient temp.

As for RAM, I had an ASUS A7N8X Dlx rev 2.0 that was nothing but an aggrivation and pain in the rear end, ran two weeks and finally rolled over and died. I said heck with ASUS and ordered the Soltek and took the CRUCIAL RAM I ordered for the ASUS and put it in the Soltek and it ran like a champ. I therefore conclude the RAM for the ASUS is compatible with the Soltek. If you like I can pull a stick out and get the part number for you. When mine sarts to boot the Soltek screen says memory 133MHz.

Other than all that, by all accounts and reviews you have yourself a darn good MB so go slow one step at the time and you'll get it all wired soon enough.

Soltek is running like a dream at 10.5 multi and 200 fsb, Gonna push soon but on a cool day. I will see what it can do with some new ram not sure what i am gonna get tho!

May even get a abit nf7 mobo for a second system. But may try ocz pc 3500 gold series 2 X 512 sticks with soltek and left with the ultimate series OCZ single 512 pc 3200 for the other!

The Kingston Hyper X PC3500 does very well with the Soltek 75FRN, better at oc'ing than the OCZ gold series.

That will cost you alot, 256x2 mb is probably enough, if you are more strapped for cash.

anyone here run any different bios's? I am looking for the power bios in which i have read or heard it opens up settings like the 1.1 version has. sync /async. seeking and then doing my first bios flash ever :(

actually i just got the 512 and another 512 today of the ocz pc 3200 i know this ram can do more than what i am getting this minute. It has to be the bios setting that the 1.1 has/ ie power bios new version from soltek. I was blaming the ram all the way, pretty easy to do i guess when you mad.

Jimmy, suggestion: If you ever get real put out & disgusted with your 'puter that's the time to shut it down and leave it be. I always "sleep on" my problems and you'd be surprised what you'll remember.

Computer was running fine and I put a RAM module in and then it wouldn't boot. Took the new module out, put the old module back in, still wouldn't boot. Put in a different module, still wouldn't boot. Fought that Turkey for half an hour and decided to sleep on it.

Next day I went "back to basics" and went top to bottom checking connections and the CDRW IDE cable had become dislodged just enough to not make a connection. I seated it properly and it booted right up.

"I was blaming the ram all the way, pretty easy to do i guess when you mad."

You nailed that one Jimmy. When we get angry we usually have a one track mentality not condusive to problem solving, especially where a number of factors can come into play. Nah, best leave whatever be when we become angry because that isn't exactly when we're at our best. OldBird

Back