• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit ic-7 bios update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axskkyline

Registered
Hi, i have some question about updating bios. I have recently bought an abit ic-7 mobo for my P4 2.4. However, i am confuse about the bios update. So do I just download the latest bios, which is ic715.exe on the abit bios driver web page abit board site.

So i just download the ic715.exe and flash my mobo? Or do i have to download all the previous bios update, like ic714,713,712. So the ic715.exe contains all the necessary update.... so that i only need to flash my mobo once?

Thanx for the help

One flash is all right. No need to flash all previous BIOS's first.

Just Format a floppy. Copy all the files from the IC7_15.exe (extract it first, it is an archive like winzip) to the floppy.

Restart and at the command prompt type 'runme'

Update will be done, and after update remove the floppy and press 'F1' to restart.

I use the award flash utility for abit boards. Click the "awward flash utility link and download & install it. This prog lets you flash the bios from windows. Make sure you read the "read me" section about how to use it.

Back