• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobos under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooMasster716

Im building a collage system for someone whos gonna play no games, im going amd and only requjorement is that it have lan and intagrated graphics. <<<THe chalenge>>>

there is a real nice board out there, asus a7n8x-vm, its at newegg right now for 110. I know its over 100 but it is nforce2 w/ integrated lan, audio, and video. And for the extra 10 bucks i think it would be worth it.

if you're not overclocking the the MSI nforce2 board would work well . i beleive it's under 100 as well. if it isn't you can get the epox 8rda for less than $90 and the abit NF7 non -s for less than 100. most nforce boards don't have on board graphics. if they do it's an mx400 that totally sucks.

if i were you i'd look at one of the boards i mentioned with an external mx400. the epox with an mx400 would be like 130-140 total.

Here you go for $84 .

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?description=13-122-108R&depa=0

LEADTEK Motherboard K7NCR18G-PRO Nforce2-GT for AMD Socket A
Specifications:
Supported CPU:AMD Athlon/XP, Duron Socket A processors
Chipset:Nvidia nForce2-GT (nForce2 IGP + nForce2 MCP-T)
FSB:Supports up to 333 Front-Side Bus
RAM:3, 184 -pin DIMM DDR 400 up to 3 GB
IDE:Two Ultra ATA 33/66/100/133 IDE ports
Slots:1 x 32bit 8X AGP slot. 4 x 32bit PCI slot.1 x ACR slot.
Ports:2xPS2, 2xUSB2.0, 1xCOM,1xLPT,1xVGA,and Audio Ports
Onboard Video:GeForce4 MX GPU
Onboard LAN:10/100 NVIDIA Ethernet
Onboard Audio:NVIDIA SoundStorm Audio

no, don't get an nforce2 board for someone, ignore the last three posts, you'll be responsible for it and you sure don't want that person to run into any trouble with their computer, the nforce2 chipset isn't for the inexperienced tweaker (anyone who doesn't build), too many problems with bios death etc., i suggest going with a SiS735 like the ECS K7S5A, a KT333/KT400 like the Epox 8K3A or 8K9A board that provide stability, they are all well below the 100 dollar mark, just pick up a cheap video card for them like a radeon7000 or geforce2MX, either that or you can go with a KM266 motherboard which has integrated graphics

if you really do decide on an nforce2, don't get an ASUS, ever, they're the worst with dead boards

Back