• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling nb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

if I have an nf7-s, and wanna hit about 200-210 on it, would I need to put further cooling on the northbridge, like a water block?

sry if this is the wrong subsection of the forums, wasn't quiet sure

It has a fan. If the motherboard's BIOS supports it, increase the vdd voltage, which will allow you to increase the fsb to 210, the standard is 1.6v, 1.8v is all you need, it does run hotter, but it wont overheat.

try that, and if you can't hold your finger on it for 5 seconds without burning it, you prolly need some better cooling

here's mine:
nb.JPG

fsb at 222. Probably didn't HAVE to put such a big heatsink on, but it's ok. :) NB is running 1.7V(or whatever the highest option is), and the heatsink does get pretty warm.

jlin453 said:
here's mine:
nb.JPG

fsb at 222. Probably didn't HAVE to put such a big heatsink on, but it's ok. :) NB is running 1.7V(or whatever the highest option is), and the heatsink does get pretty warm.

Is that an MSI board? I thought they werent suppose to be that good, but 222fsb is excellent.(If it is an MSI)

That's a NF7-S, you can see it printed on the raid chip. That northbridge cooling rocks! I run my northbridge with a celeron 766 cooler....heh.

looks great. congrats on the high FSB.
rofl that nb should stay cool with that heatsink you put on it.

Back