• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A-Bit NF7-s V2.0 Motherboard with AMD Athlon XP+ 2500 Barton CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vakkert_regn

Registered
I am looking into getting the A-Bit NF7-S V2.0 Motherboard with the AMD Athlon XP+ 2500 Barton Processor and I am just curious if everything things this will be a good setup and should I have any problems since it is a Barton? And what does everything think about this motherboard? I am going to purchase the Motherboard from ExcaliburPC b/c its on sale but when I click on the link it has this in red:

Important Note:
By putting this item into your shopping cart, you have confirmed your acknowledgement on the potential risk of BIOS 'Data Loss' due to BIOS tweaking, or BIOS code string missing due to improper flashing as of the limitation of nForce2 chipset. As such, it is highly advisable for you to purchase this item along with our nForce2 (Deluxe) BIOS Survival Kit as a handy backup. However, you are making your own choice. In case you decide not to purchase our nForce2 (Deluxe) BIOS Survival Kit now and you do run into trouble later on. We would only accept to offer the options of either:
You purchase our nForce2 (Deluxe) BIOS Survival Kit at full price to solve your problem

Do you guys think I need to purchase that or should I be okay without it?

You can if you want to be really safe.. the (166 fsb)Barton will go good with it, the "problems" with nf-7 rev2.0 is with 133 fsb cpu's and it's the opposite for the earlier revision ones.

alright thanks, i also forgot the mention that the processor is 333fsb. but i should have any fsb problems since its not 133?

what do you mean by "problems", q149. AFAIK, that notice is refering to biso corruption, which is 99% eliminated with the nf7 v2's, regardless of what cpu they use.

I mean problems with very high FSB. v2.0 has problems doing high FSB with 133 cpu's and the earlier versions has the opposite problem. The L12 mod on your 133 FSB cpu fixes this and people see huge gains in FSB. Ussually you are limited by cpu at 220-230 with a 133 FSB cpu before L12 mod on rev 2.0 boards.

Back