• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Updating BIOS on 400 series motherboard for a Ryzen 3000 without a Zen(+) CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Basically on gigabyte you just put the bios on a USB drive. Plug it in go to q flash and flash. I do prefer the dual bios tho. Make one stable. Then switch to the other and if you ever lose the first bios just reflash it from the second bios.

But every Mobo should have a rear mounted button to clear bios. Leave out some RGB and go with that. It's way more useful.

"Free of charge" is actually a good price. I imagine you would have to pay shipping, however.
AMD actually pre-pays postage which is nice.

Once the RMA request is approved, the AMD Athlon 200GE processor will be sent with pre-paid return shipping. The processor is provided as a temporary loan to you for the sole purpose of updating the BIOS and must be returned within 10 business days of receipt. It is not necessary to return the provided thermal solution.
I guess you get to keep the heatsink?

They are referring to the thermal paste they send with it.
I want it known that Blaylock was my murderer. As I laid upon the ground, laughing uncontrollably, with the image in my mind of some hapless user attempting to scrape the thermal paste from their processor back onto pre-applied patch on the heatsink - or even better pushing small dabs with a screwdriver back into a blister pack.

Back