• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp 2400 oc, how well?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

been a p4 man for the last couple years, thinking about getting a xp 2400. what kinda oc can i expect? also need a decent cheap mb, any suggestions? thnx flapperhead...

Hmm welcome to the AMD world

The present motherboards in the pink are the nForce 2 motherboards with dual channel memory access and 400FSB. Motherboards with these chipsets go for around $150, but the cheapest and best is the Abit NF7-S. Comes with SATA raid and LAN onboard.

As for the CPU, don't get a XP2400. Get a guaranteed 1700 Tbred B core from an online E-tailer, as these chips can hit 2.4Ghz with good air cooling. That's the biggest bonus of AMD - Cheap as chips and perform as well as any P4 3Ghz.

i got mine too 2.25 ghz with no effort on stock cooling but I need better cooling since i got a speeze falconrock thats not doing good.

I just recieved a Fresh from RMA,

AXDA2400KV3C 9486086270031 AIUGB 0246WPAW

Haven't tried it yet.

Mine is running at 2300Mhz on water, but it's a crappy setup eheh. I can run windows at 2400Mhz, but when doing 3Dmark it crashes back to the desktop. I'm letting it run a bit for now, hopefully i'll get more in the near future!

wow, thats getting into 1.6,1.8a territory, thanks for the help guys. by the way what chipset does the rda use?

Iam getting 2.41Ghz with air cooling! There not bad if you don't want to OC but aren't that good for OCers!

Back