• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe and Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briant6

Registered
A7N8X Deluxe and SATA

I just got a SATA HDD. How do I set it up with the M.B. to use it as a regular IDE drive? I don't want any raid setup. I don't see the drive showing in my computer. However, I see it in device manager under disk drives. I did enable the SATA jumper. During boot, BIOS detected the HDD and asked me to press Press TAB or Alt + F4 to enter RAID but nothing happened after I pressed those keys. Is it because I only have one SATA and therefore I cannot use the RAID utility? All I want to do is use this as a regular HDD. Please help.

Last edited:
Have you Installed the sata drivers in windows? If you plan on using the sata as your only or boot drive, I think someone found that you have to set the boot device to scsi, but you still have to install the drivers during windows setup off a floppy disk.

Jim

Back