• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my briefcase?? help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawker-rider

Hi,

I have a laptop that I take on the road all the time for my job. At home I have a little network connection with my desktop, through a null-network-cable. Both machines run XP-pro on it.

OK.

I have set up 'my briefcase' and dragged 2 folders into it, one of them is the 'my documents' folder. WHAT i want to do with it is, when I'm making new documents on my laptop (off network) and store them in the 'my documents' folder, i want that to synchronise with my brieface over to the desktop.

I have the exact same folder names on both computers, they are in different partitions, but the names are the same. i have setup the brieface on both computers wit both the same folder-names in it.

What am I doing wrong? i did update it but none of the files transferred to the other computer, and I did share the briefcase

You need to have the briefcase on just one of the computers. I have the briefcase on my laptop and it sychronizes with a certain folder on my desktop. When I want to save a document on my laptop I just put in the briefcase and it auto-updates into the desktop folder. I know it may sound confusing, but its really not. If you need further instructions don't hesitate to contact me on AIM. Good Luck!

Matt

Back