• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ not being detected correctly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J.S.

Registered
Hi All, I bought a Barton 2500+ and put it in my Soltek SL-75DRV5-C,when i booted up everything looks right except in POST i get "unknown cpu type 1845mhz". can anyone tell me why i'm getting unknown cpu type? is it a problem or just something i can ignore? thx.

I'm pretty sure you need to download the latest bios revision and then your bios should automatically recognize the chip correctly.

I have an sl75drv2 and it's treated me good for a couple years now, welcome to the club... And to the forums! :)

EDIT: Just looked at your profile... you've been here since 2000. heh, welcome back I guess. :D

most of the time it's just an update of your BIOS and load the default settings in the BIOS after the update.
then it will probably detect the CPU correctly, but only it the BIOS update supports the CPU type. if not, you'll have to set the settings your self. 11 for the mulitplier and 166MHz for the FSB and 1.65V for the core.

Back