• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E, P4-2.8c, HYPERX4000/1G OC PROBLEM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hardzip

So here is my problem: i can't seem to get my fsb over 235 and run stable, I have read every post in the forums and tried every setting that everyone has recomended to others.
i can get the machine to post and run in windows no problem but can't pass any of the bench programs like prime95, memtest and
3d mark.
I amd currently have the bios settings as follows: 1:1 ratio, vcore is 1.58, ram v is 2.75, fsb-235.

Machine is runing at 3.3g and passing all the bench test with no prob.

But as far as i can read everyone with hperx ram is getting a fbs of 250 with different ratios, i can't, and i feel i should get it with this ram and set up. Like i said before i have tried everyones settings that have been posted in the different forums.
does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

If someone can please give me some ram timings to try and list them in order that they should be in the bios with this board I would greatly appreciate it.

P4C800-e deluxe (1011 bios)
P4 2.8c @3.3
Kingston HyperX 4000/1g
Geforce fx 5900 (256 meg by Asus)
2- SATA segate baracuda hd's (RAID ARRAY 0)
audigy2 sound card
ThermalTake SUBZERO4G thermo electric cooling
CPU temp 27c ambient, 40-43c under load.
enermax 550 psu
thermalTake xaserIII case

thankx for any suggestions
LONG LIVE OVER CLOCKERS

:bang head Same here. I've been inching up for a couple of weeks and hit the wall @ 235 also. starting moving up the Vcore and had MS Error on Prime 95 and a memory dump a little while later during Jedi Academy. My temps were 44c under full load. I passed both 3dMarks and SiSandra, but Prime 95 crashed. I backed it down to 230 and ran all tests succesfully. I've got my memory set @ 4/5, and set it up to turbo and have reset my FSB to 235 to try again. Any input appreciated!

You need to lay the voltage to it. At the very least use the 2.85V setting in the asus bios. Consider volt-modding the board, it is really easy. All you have to do is solder a wire to one leg of a chip on the board, simple stuff. Alternatively you can use some of those SMD grabber things, but I'm not a big fan of duct tape.

:D Finally got it to pass. I changed my Ram timings to 2.5-3-3-7 and set voltage to 1.62. Prime ran for 19 hours straight with no errors or crashes! Max temp was 44*. I was leaving the RAM timings alone because I had read somewhere that I should push the CPU first then come back and push the RAM, compare the two and come up with the best compromise. However, i think I'll leave it (for now) and see what's up next!

finally something to report

1. Here is what i have got so far.

Vcore 1.6
Ram V 2.75
1:1 ratio @ 3-4-4-8
FSB 235x2(DDR470)
2.8 @ 3.3

Everything is runing rock stable in memtest86 and prime95.

Any other suggestions to get more out of 1:1 ratio.
I wanna keep it at 1:1.

MUSHKIN RAM IS ON THE WAY SHOULD BE HERE MONDAY

P4C800-e deluxe (1011 bios)
P4 2.8c @3.3
Kingston HyperX 4000/1g
Geforce fx 5900 (256 meg by Asus)
2- SATA 80 gig segate baracuda hd's (RAID ARRAY 0)
audigy2 sound card
ThermalTake SUBZERO4G thermo electric cooling
CPU temp 27c ambient, 40-43c under load.
enermax eg651p-ve (fma) 550 psu
thermalTake xaserIII case

Last edited:
larva said:
You need to lay the voltage to it. At the very least use the 2.85V setting in the asus bios. Consider volt-modding the board, it is really easy. All you have to do is solder a wire to one leg of a chip on the board, simple stuff. Alternatively you can use some of those SMD grabber things, but I'm not a big fan of duct tape.

Back