• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wbabiuk1

i have built the following pc the other day:
amd 2500
ati radeon 9600pro
kingston 3200 ddr
asus a7n8x deluxe v 2.0

my problem is that i get the memory detection error from the bios. it comes on my speaker. i had overclocked the cpu fine, and it worked, but when i tried to adjust my memory freq to equal my fsb freq, and re boot. i keep geting the error message. i am new to overclocking, and have tried to do extensive research before playing with my bios. i want to know if i fried my ram. if not should i pull my cmos battery out for a couple hours, or can i somehow reset my bios to default. right now the bios screen doesnt appear, just a black screen

thanks

unplug your computer, pull out the battery for about 20 seconds, then put back together

how high did you go w/ the cpu frequency? did you succesfully overclock(boot up, windows load?)

simplest to try is to start out at 200x10, and make sure all boots normally

overclocking

i had my overclock at 200 * 11 = 2200mhz on my 2500.
my ram freq was set to 200mhz.

ok, then start there(200x11) and up the cpu frequency one at a time, check for stability, also, be sure to lock the agp frequency at 66mhz, and disable fastwrites

if it won't let you past 200 or not far past 200, lower your memory timings(speaking at which, what r they at now)

for instance, my ram was 7-3-3-2.5t, now it's 11-3-3-2.5t, only way i could get past 202

thanks for your help, i can only get my overclock stable at 200*10=2000mhz

any higher and its unstable, what should i put my memory frequency to, i have 3200 ram and the motherboard is 400mhz,
should i set my memory frq to 200mhz if my esternal freq is 200*10. and if i set my freq to say 210*9.5=1995, what should i set my memory frequency to. still 200mhz or by spd.

thanks

Back