• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cas 1.5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaunBrewer

Are there any boards out there that would run a Barton at cas 1.5?

I am sure I read some of the Pentium ? boards support cas 1.5.

Thanks in advance

Shaun

P.S. tried searching but cas and 1.5 are both under 4 char!

cas 1.5 has a serios problem . its called time.

you see your ram is basicaly like a grid of capacitors that charge up and then discharge. the thing is they require time to do so and if your ram doesnt get fully charged then you get errors or failure

some eople think that upping the voltage would help get the charge up which it does for some ram but yuo reach a limit to how much you can do without the heat effecting it and also burning out the components premature not to mention the more power flowing through the worse the accuracy hits are when the power fluxuates

my board supports a CAS 1.5, but i don't have ram that will post with it....well i haven't tried my mushkin, but i'm happy with 2

Thanks ogboot,

So the Soyo kt400 Ultra supports 1.5 anybody know an Nforce board that supports cas 1.5?

I know the Abit NF7 does not have a 1.2 and 2 v2's

Thanks again

Shaun

The Epox 8Kra2+ KT600 has a memory setting for CAS 1.5 , I personally havent bothered because im running at 230 FSB CAS2.

Can someone please confirm that an nforce 2 board supports cas 1.5

My NF7-S does not (or is it the bios version)

Thanks Shaun

I wonder if the 4pca3+ rev2 has it. I wouldn't mind seeing if my khx 3200 2x256mb could do cas1.5 at any speed. It can do 2-2-2-5 up to ddr520 with 3.2v. I would think that no memory would run it. I would be realy surprised if any ram could handle it...not even bh-5.

Back