• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new used a7n8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

I have a new used A7N8X. What cpu will get me best bang (once overclocked) for my money? I have a duron 1300 for the time being. Also, what memory should i get? I've been looking at Corsiar XMS Twinx3200ll. Thanks in advanced.

David

2500 barton is a good one to go or if you want to pay less grab yourself a dl3tc 1700 or 1800

the corsair is good but there are alternatives such as twinmos, hyper x which run a little bit cheaper and offers about the same amount of performance

I'm looking for anoter CPU too with this board, and I'm thinking a good 1800XP or 2500XB Barton.

That's pretty much big buck performance for a fraction of the price, as far as memory, I would just advise to go with high frequency, and let the dollars speak for the timings on that, i.e ddr3200 or 3700 or so

My two cents, for what they're worth, are also for the xp2500 and hyperX 2x256 kit. Together, these run about $200 and provide quite a bit of kick. While the xp1700 is a lower budget alternative that is also a great deal of bang for the buck, we are only talking less than $40 in savings.

A7N8X Dx
Athlon2500
ThermalTake Volcano 11
PNY GF4 4400ti
Kingston HyperX 3200 2X256
Audigy Gamer
Yamaha CDR 20X
NEC CDROM/DVDROM
Enermax EG465P-VE
Maxtor ATA 133 40gig and 80 gig 2mb cache

I would get the 2500, being that the A7N8X is not a great overclocker anyway. And i wouldn't worry about getting the fastest most expensive memory either. You can't push the board far enough to need it anyway...

So, 2500, couple sticks of 3200 whatever, and there ya are.

Back