• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

250 to spend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

ok I'm sick of this 1700 I have about 250 to spend on new parts for my rig 120 is for another 512mb so I can run dual chanel the rest of the money I wanted to get a good cpu higher than my 1700. what do you all recomend I get?

You don't post the details of your overclock, but you say "I'm sick of this 1700." Do the pins rub you wrong or what?

What's the video card, Ti or MX, what's the Power Supply?

Whats' the FSB?

yea a 2500+ get it.

Its well in your price range and can oc to 3200 speeds a least with a little luck.

c627627 said:
You don't post the details of your overclock, but you say "I'm sick of this 1700." Do the pins rub you wrong or what?

What's the video card, Ti or MX, what's the Power Supply?

Whats' the FSB?

2.2 right now 200fsb 11x
psu thermaltake 550w
vid is MX

Max FSB is 200 and max MHz is 2200?

Well FSB is not bad but that's related to RAM so for a chance of 220 FSB and up:
http://www.memoryx.net/gn256pc3200.html

Some of the most recent 2500+ do go between 2.3 and 2.4 fairly often.
DLT3C B's do as well but Barton 2500+ has the extra cache so... that's what you're looking CPU wise considering MHz gains which also depend on luck.

Most definitely go for the video card upgrade first instead of the 100 MHz CPU jump. At the very least GeForce4 Ti for under $100 but probably go for ATi Radeons if you can go toward $200.

Stay away from the FX5200 and the FX5600 (!)

that would be the game plan if I were you.

Did you try hitting the Vcore higher for more than 2.2 GHz overclock with what you already have?

c627627 said:
Did you try hitting the Vcore higher for more than 2.2 GHz overclock with what you already have?

vcore is at max 1.850v
I have gone past that and windows runs stable but when I reboot it starts to reboot then it gives an error locks up and I have to shut the power and go into bios to reset the setting. only then will it boot. .

Back