• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 1800+ JIXHB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ubermu

Registered
System specs:
JIXHB 1800+ with a SK-7 and smart fan 2
NF7-S
2x512 Buffalo 3700
Foltron 400w PSU
80gb ATA100 HD
9500 Radeon
Whatever CD-Rom
Wireless Ethernet card

Right now I've just started it up at 11x200 1.6v, memory's set at 6/6. So how should I go about getting my max cpu/memory performance with stability? I think I can go higher.

first of all what kind of cooling are you using ....... from most other people's experience JIXHBs are very good overclockers

up your multipler step then slowly up your FSB ...... you probably won't encounter problems until you reach 2.4ghz or past that

Air, SK-7 with a smart fan 2 on it's lowest setting. I like quiet.

Should I keep the voltage at 1.6? What's a safe voltage to up it to?

don't go over 1.75v is my advice on air cooling ...... although thermalrights rock !

1.5 is it's default vcore right ? DLT3C JIXHB haven't heard of any DUT3C JIXHBs

from posts i've read JIXHB are monster overclockers ..... a teeny weeny bit better than the most JIUHBs .... just check your temps .... below 60C is recommended

Ya you should be able to hit 24-2500 easy with chip .......I have a JIXIB running at 12x200 at 1.65v..........I would love to see where mine tops out at but my cooling cant handle any higher voltage...........im working on that though :cool: Good luck post back with what you top out at

I guess I'll take it through it's burn in period. These chips need to burn in a little right? :p

I'll do it at a solid 11x200 for right now and then work on 12x200 tomorrow.

Alright I had it going strong at 12x200 at 1.6v and it crashed while I was installing Nero Express. So I'll up it to 1.625v and run a stress test.

Hmm went back down to 2200 just to make sure I'm stable overnight for downloads and I noticed that my CPU's at 53 C. Can't figure out why it would be so high without really pushing the chip, I guess I'll check the thermal paste tomorrow.

Last edited:
wow 2.4ghz at 1.6++ volts is amazing man ...... that chip would probably do 2.6ghz up with some great cooling (water) and more vcore

You should download prime95 and test stability with that. I would'nt install any programs with a potentially unstable computer.

Here's my routine:

Set a speed
run a couple of loops of memtest86
boot to windows and run prime95 for a while

Over and over untill I reach the speed I'm aiming for.

You should make *SURE* that it is 8 hours (minimum) stable using prime95 and even a few of, Futuremark 02 CPU tests, Toast, Hot CPU Tester Pro, CPU Stab test and others. Generally prime95 is the accepted best stability testing program for your CPU - and memtest86 is more-or-less *required* when overclocking memory.

I suggest that you reseat your heatsink, and repaste your processor as well - try and get as thin and smooth a layer of paste on it as possible.

Turn up your smart fan - run open case, and your temperatures will drop a good 10 degrees as well. I'll bet you can hit a prime95 stable 2500 MHz on a 1.8X Vcore with your air. I'll bet you can post and boot windows @ 2500 MHz at around a 1.7 Vcore (These are the rough results I've been getting from my JIXIB 0332, and seeing on the forums)- these chips have a lot of potential

- I want to see someone get one under a prommie!!!

Good luck.

Ok thanks that might be it. I checked my heatsink and it was pretty hot, I'll up my fan speed from quiet and redo the thermal paste. As I recall when I applied it it wasn't exactly thick but it wasn't real thin either.

Do you mean I should apply it where I can still see some of the color of the chip below it or just enough so I can't see the chip?

hehe ok.

Couldn't get into windows at 12.5x200 without upping the vcore to 8. And just got a system shutdown message. I guess not enough juice yet.

RPC Errors (Remote Procedural Call) forcing a restart on my machine. Is this because my CPU can't handle the speeds or it there something else to it?

I reset my settings to standard 1800+ and still got it, so wondering what's up.

You might have the Blaster Worm. Can you get to the desktop? If so check your process list for either msblast.exe teekids.exe mslaugh.exe, I think there are some others but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

I do have msblast.exe. Weird how I got a virus within a day of installing my new hard drive. This is good news because I thought it was my CPU going to high when it's obviously a virus. This means I should be able to hit higher clock speeds NP.

Ok running stable at 12.5x200 at 1.80v.

Is 1.8v safe for the CPU or should I stick to a lower voltage like somewhere in the 1.6s? Say 1.65, I believe I can hit 12x200 at 1.65, I could probably hit 12.5x200 at a lower voltage too. Let's see how low I can get this actually.

Is 200FSB alright for my mem? I have Buffalo 3700 and the ratio is set 6/6 for 400mhz on the ram, I was wondering if I should lower my multiplier and increase my FSB, but wouldn't know what ram ratio to put in.

Back