• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyperx 3000 Vs. Hyperx 3500...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgeWorks

Here's the deal - I can get Hyperx 3000(took me all day to find a place that had some) for the same cost as Hyperx 3500. I know that the 3000 has BH-5 chips and the 3500 has ch-5.

Do you guys think I should get lower speed rated RAM for the same cost as higher rated stuff in the hope that it will overclock like crazy?

BTW I have an Abit NF7-S and a Barton 2500+.

The 3500 may work better for you. CH5 just doesn't work well with the Intel chipsets. The 256MB HyperX3000 that's been coming from newegg has been awesome, but I heard today that the 512MB is nothing special. CH5 should work well for your application, but if you could find a good BH5 it's a touch better. The HyperX3200 (non-"A") is a good choice, and apparantly the 512mb version of this is working better than the 512mb KHX3000's. In 256MB sticks KHX3000 looks the best.

Hey Larva,
I want to get 2x256 which of these is the best pick:
1. KHX pc3200 (non A)
2. KHX pc3000
3. KHX pc3500
4. Buffalo pc3700
5. any other stuff?

Thanks for your reply Larva. It's great to have a real informative answer telling me all I need to know and more!

I can get the 256Mb sticks but for my apps 1Gb is more what I'd like. And since there is only 3 slots on the NF7...

Again thanks to this great forum, I'd be lost without it's support!

Suma said:
Hey Larva,
I want to get 2x256 which of these is the best pick:
1. KHX pc3200 (non A)
2. KHX pc3000
3. KHX pc3500
4. Buffalo pc3700
5. any other stuff?

Well, the 256MB HyperX3000 sticks that have been coming from newegg have been doing really well, and the 3200 non-A is propably a safe bet. The Buffalo works well also, and is cheap at $57 per for the 3700. If you can put 3.1V on the ram definitely go with the buffalo, if you are going to try to get by with less the HyperX3000 or 3200 may be worth the money. There's not a lot of difference but if anything the HyperX stuff is a little better. Any really need 3-3.1V to do their best work, and at that level the buffalo seems to perform as well as anything.

I just got an NF7-S and my HyperX3500 doesn't like it at all. It's really unstable. I'm not SURE that its the memory, but it probably is, might be the psu though. Anyway, there are also some known stability issues with NF7 series boards and HyperX. Just a thought...

I ain't no Bill Gates but I'm not broke.
how about your hyperx can't it do more then 400?
so I might test some TwinMOS twinster stuff tommorow, unless these things are awesom I'll go for the HyperX pc3200 non A I guess.

Suma said:
I ain't no Bill Gates but I'm not broke.
how about your hyperx can't it do more then 400?
so I might test some TwinMOS twinster stuff tommorow, unless these things are awesom I'll go for the HyperX pc3200 non A I guess.

Yeah it could...i dont run it higher cause i dont feel like messin with itt ill i get my watercooling

Back