• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G and Mushkin 1GB not getting along...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N803

Registered
Hi,

I'd like to bring up an issue that seems to be affecting my oc performance. As you can see from my sig I've got 1G of Mushkin's PC3500 lvl2 memory. While I can post and work in WinXP normally @ FSB=246 (3.2GHz) and FSB:MEM=5:4, memtest86 will consistently report errors. Even though timings are tight at 2-2-2-6, the sticks are running at a "mere" 198x2=396 MHz, way below the rated PC3500=433 MHz.

At Mushkin's site there's this page where they report that 1G of RAM has a significantly worse performance at overclocking than 512M, at least on Abit boards. Has anybody else seen this...?

Vdimm has been at 2.8V (Speedfan reports 2.77V) all the time, these sticks are volt-hungry.

On a side note I can't seem to post over FSB=246 which is a little disappointing, keep getting BSODs. Could it be that this legacy PCI SCSI controller is holding me back for some reason...? I'm waiting for my SATA drives to arrive...

I'd appreciate any inputs.

Thanks jszent.
First I set the GAT to Auto-Normal-Auto-Disabled-Disabled and that help already. Then I also took my vcore to 1.63 and now I'm stable at FSB=250. ;)

Mushkin 1gig

I had the same experiences. I had an IC7 and a MAX3 and neither one would do 5:4 worth a $%#@. My sticks were not the level 2 but they do 224mhz 5,2,3,2 on a P4P800. I have word from Mushkin that there may be a bios for the max3 but I sold it.

musk

Back