• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sigh.......What to Do About Mounting Pump and Rad in my Little Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerpro3

Hi,
Well, my birthday is this thursday and i am about to finish my beleagured watercooling setup (a part per relative:D ). Now here's my dilemma, and a picture of my case (its old but no "major" mods since)
my%20pc.2.jpg
. My watercooling setup will be as follows:

Cascade waterblock
DangerDen Maze4 GPU
Danner Mag 3 pump
Swiftech Mcw500-p northbridge block
D-Tek customs ProCore with 2 120mm fans and 2 shrouds.
dangerden typhoon quad dual reservoir.

My case has 6.5in between the top cdrom and psu, so i was going to juts drop everything in the 5.25 bays down a notch so the rad/shrouds would fit. But, my grandmother ordered the wrong reservoir (she got the 2 bay one, i wanted the single bay one) and so now my bays will be full with no room for the d-tek up top. I have no clue where else i can mount this, as i was plannig it up top since i started saving up for this months ago. Any ideas about what to do are welcome. Thanks.

what abou in front of th hardrive? It looks like there is enough room there for the heatercore. You chould then move your hardrive up and have the pump next the the heatercore underneath the hardrive. How much room do you have in front of your drive, where that case fan is?

If you really want to put it up top you could ditch the resevoir and got for a T-Line. The pump would probably fit under your viedo card or below your HDDs.
I'd personally cut out that long HDD rack thingy and slap the heater core in the front.

I was going to say the same thing. Ditch the lower section of the 3.5 bays you dont plan on using. That is the ideal place for a radiator - at the bottom front of the case.

if i put it in the front of the case, then the ideal setup would run

pump>radiator>resevoir>CPU>northbridge>GPU>pump, correct?

I am going to measure the case now (its upstairs). Be back in a minute

alright, i would have enough room at the bottom, but i would have to lose ALL my internal HD cages. I would put the HD in the external bay, which of course has a cover so that would be good, but there go my 10k raid dreams.

You could always get/make an adapter so you can put your drives in the 5 /14 bays, thats what I did in my old case. I think you are going to need more room.

heres a possibility
possible.JPG

the fans could be mounted on the side of the case and the rad could just be secured inside, i'm not sure of your dimensions so it may not work, jsut an idea

I have almost the same case and its got lots of room compared to my old case. So heres what u should do. Fix that mess of wires cuz thats terrible. Then with the new found space u could have about 3 or 4 hdds up there. If u do indeed have the same case as me, ur not gonna be getting much airflow through the front cover and any mod will be a mess. So id mount the HC for a side to side flow.

If thats no good for u, then Doziers idea looks pretty good, sept hes got the scale way off, thers no way to fit a hc and pump in that space, but the pump will fit on top of the hdds.

Have fun it either way though:cool:

And don't put the res. right after the pump, you want it after the last WB and the pump to be sucking water from it.

Will be watching to see what you come up with. I have a tiny case too. I was planning on replacing it with a Chieftec, but the chieftec isn't enough bigger to comfortably do what I want. What I REALLY want doesn't exist, so I may be going with a cheap, highly modified tower, or a completely custom case.

Omatic Rail's Dream Case: Oversize mid-tower (Chieftec) or full-tower case that keeps the power supply and mobo tucked up high, leaving lots of space between the bottom of the mobo and the bottom of the case. Any case that claims to be a WC case should have this.

Bling said:
dude is that photoshopped? what the hell is that in the agp slot?

no, thats my radeon 9700 PRO wtf.gif

gettin my reservoir after school today (in typing class now Mavis Beacon sucks so bad, typing 101 WPM and beat the friggin thing already) so i guess ill start trying to figger out how to mount it.

If a space is an issue then stick with a T-Line.. it will save the space you need to lower your CD-roms... Then you can mount the heatercore on top... Then pump on bottom and everything works out.

Back