• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mount and Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LPS

Registered
I'm gonna put my heatercore to my frontpanel there
and how can i mount it? it doesn't come with anything
and also
If i want to change my fan from 12v to 7v(I'm not sure if it's loud or sth) how can i change it?
I just bought a silver spray paint near school today...
In school computer lab and just sitting with 4x people and waiting for the next class in 45 mins.
and one more question
i believe that there are some bubbles in the res.
how can i remove bubbles in the res?

Last edited:
LPS said:
I'm gonna put my heatercore to my frontpanel there and how can i mount it? it doesn't come with anything and also If i want to change my fan from 12v to 7v(I'm not sure if it's loud or sth) how can i change it?

To change your fan to 7v try here for the basics, or google "fan volt mod" for more detailed instructions. As far as mounting your heatercore, zipties I hear work well. You could also try using long screws that go from the fan, through the core, to the pannel behind the front bezel of the case. On the end of the screws use large washers to hold everything in place. Check out the case mod gallery, I've seen an example of that in there.

thanks
gonna go to class
10 hours later back..

Zip ties do work really well. If you want to mount it using screws, just use the existing intake fan holes and some longer screws / wingnuts.

Leave the cap on the rez open for a little while. It'll get all the bubbles out, it just takes some time.

Back