• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much is too much

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortbus_

would 1gb of mushkin pc3500 lvl2 be overkill for just gaming/general use?

rest of system:

2.4c
abit ic7
9800np

ok.. i guess ill just wait till newegg gets it back in stock then :cool:

You can never have too much RAM. Now sure, they say that more ram will give u slightly slower sandra marks, but not even close enough to notice in everyday use.

With 64bit cpu's coming into the mainstream, having more than 4GB no longer presents the problem it used to.

If I had it my way, I would have an enormous amount of ram and run ramdrives. I run ramdrives sometimes for the heck of it, and it is unbeilievable how fast you can transfer 100MB+ files in explorer.

If you have the money, 1GB is recomended, unless your doing rendering or running a server, then more would help a lot. If not, then dont get any more than 1GB unless you really have no budget at all.

I think anything past 1gig is going to be a waste of money. That money would best be spent on other things, such as a faster HD, better graphics card, etc.

You know...just buy 10gigs...and stash it until you need it :) That way...in a few months, when you d/l a new game demo...you'll meet the min requirements :)

Back