• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3500CL2 vs PC3700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I'm looking at upgrading the RAM in my Abit NF7-S, and I'd like to know...should I get the PC3500CL2 from Corsair, or Corsair's PC3700 instead? I know I want the BH-5 from Corsair's PC3500CL2, but the PC3700 is actually cheaper. Does the PC3700 has BH-5 too, or what?

I'm shooting for maximum clockspeed with CAS at 2.5, trp at 3, and tRCD at 2.

i think the 3500 is the only one with bh5, so personally i would go with that.

I have two sticks of 512 mbs of Corsair XMS Exxtreme memory clocked to 400 and fixing to bump to 405 as soon as I feel it is stable.
I dont think I will have a problem. I m running at 2.2 gig from a barton 2500 right now.
temps at 32 celcius and holding firm under many types of benchmarks and 3 d gaming.

The Mushkin stuff is BH-5 and is and awesome product. They will pretty well go as high FSB as you would ever want, as long as you give them more voltage. This is at tight timing too. You would want to stay at cas 2 with the AMD set-up. Consider the fact that my Mushkies rated as PC3200 are doing 230 FSB (2-2-2) in dual channel, this is with only 2.9V.

Higher latency RAM that will rn at high speeds is mostly designed for Intel platforms. Go with BH-5 and tight timings for AMD.

Back