• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your temps w/ SP-97?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

I'll probally be getting one of these very soon. I just wanted to make sure that it will live up to all it's hype.

I haven't been able to find many reviews, mostly just threads of people saying they want one.

The only review I could find, in english, was http://www.systemcooling.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1464
which I'm sure all of you have already read :)

I've seen that a couple of you bought one, and probally have installed it already. So I'm just wondering what are your new temps compared to your old temps? Any other pro's/con's about this heatsink?

Thanks in advance :)

iLLestOne said:
I'll probally be getting one of these very soon. I just wanted to make sure that it will live up to all it's hype.

I've seen that a couple of you bought one, and probally have installed it already. So I'm just wondering what are your new temps compared to your old temps? Any other pro's/con's about this heatsink?

Thanks in advance :)

I'd like to hear some comments from users on that heatsink also.

WELLCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Thanks :) Reading through these forums have helped me out sooo much. I am no longer a noob :) I'm still semi-noob, but not a total noob anymore!

I'll be buying my heatsink tomorrow. I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the sp-97, but I've seen countless testimonials about how good the clk-900 and 947u are. So I'm not sure if I should go for the "sure thing" or try out the newest, "latest technology" using, "best one".

Well my at my sig settings the temps were 35idle 43load. I upped the core and priming at 2.2 w/ 1.7v and the temps change to 38/47.

EDIT: It is now stable tested at the current sig settings and still hasn't gone over 47C.

Last edited:
Well make no mistake...It is easily the best air-cooling solution available for AMD or Intel processors...If you want the best...Say no more...Shucks, I am even thinking about getting one for my NF7-S Barton rig...Have a lowly SLK-800 on it right now...:)

wtf is bump, anyway?

sorry...

i'll post my temps soon as i get mine, heatsinkfactory is down to around 20, so you may want to act fast! just ordered mine, along with all my parts for my first system ever! (well, first i pay for, like 7th build) and first OC system! yay!

Well I'm putting mine in today or tomorrow. I'll post my temps soon.

Does anyone have any tricks or helpful hints on installing one of these beasts? Like the heatpipe orientation and such.

i read the pipes wanted to be horizontal, so sticking forwards or backwards. (i also read it was a minimal difference in temps based on direction)

I just installed a SP-97 with a 92mm Panaflo M1A Fan (BX) w/ RPM Sensor on a 2500+ (stock speed).

Before
Idle: 25 Diode 16 Case
Load: 40 Diode 16 Case

After
Idle: 20 Diode 16 Case
Load: 30 Diode 16 Case

Be sure to follow the directions, I messed up the first time and got really high idle temps.

Thx for posting rxc. Did you lap ur heatsink before installing it? I have some 600grit and 1500 grit wet&dry paper, and am thinking about lapping it. I just don't wanna mess it up, lol

No, I didn't lap it but it seemed to really need it (mine wasn't as smooth as the ones seen in the reviews). I ended up adding more ceramique to compensate.

iLLestOne said:

Does anyone have any tricks or helpful hints on installing one of these beasts? Like the heatpipe orientation and such.

I installed mine last night. There was one issue: the backing plate interferes with one of the mobo stand-offs on the NF7. This can be solved by either grinding the backing plate a bit with a Dremel, or taking off the stand-off.

Too, I had a small problem with my Zalman NB cooler rubbing against the SP-97, but a quick trim with a Demel fixed took care of that. As for the HS' orientation, I mounted mine with heatpipes facing the RAM.

I also took the opportunity to use some AS5. Contrary to some of the reports I've read, it was very easy to apply in a thin coat, a bit easier than Ceramique.

Well if the topic is a good one, I see no reason why people would be mad.

TTT=bump=on popular forums (such as this), new posts get burried and overlooked.

I'm still suprised not a lot of people have posted about this supposid "best amd" heatsink.

But thanks to the ones who did :)

Also, did u use a razor to apply AS5? Or the plastic bag thingie?

iLLestOne said:

How about some before and after temps?

What are you using now?

iLLestOne said:
Well if the topic is a good one, I see no reason why people would be mad.

TTT=bump=on popular forums (such as this), new posts get burried and overlooked.

But thanks to the ones who did :)

Also, did u use a razor to apply AS5? Or the plastic bag thingie?

its better to just apply a small drop, about a half a grain of rice, on the middle of the die, then put the heatsink on top and rotate it a few degrees to the left and right before securing it, this way it eliminates air bubbles

and wats TTT?

Back