• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeddyz

Registered
after a crazy night where i was out and my sister decided to turn my putter on WITHOUT the water pump on......i blew my OC'd 2100. so i headed out to the local store and picked up my new 2500+. i checked the code on the chip and tried to make sense of the locked or unlocked list, but am unable to know for sure. can someone tell me if im dealing with a locked or unlocked barton.
AQXFA 0345
i think its in that inbetween stage where it may be locked or unlocked. knowing my luck......LOCKED
oh well, the 512L2 and the 333fsb is definately a plus over the 2100.
thanks for your help guys

well its year '03 week 45 production date. So sorry to tell ya but it is locked :( They started locking some chips since week 39 and all chips were locked since like week 41-43

i just rechecked the list and realized that my answer was in that first line. guess a night of pulling out my pump, hoses, cooling block etc, really just took it out of me.
if i was to clean up my processor really really really well.......lol, can i put in a claim for that 3 year warranty from AMD?

All weeks 43 and up are locked for all Bartons, T-Breds, Thortons and Durons.

You have a locked week 45.

The cache is plus yes but FSB depends on RAM when you overclock.

You're now locked at 11 multiplier with whatever FSB your RAM can handle, 220-something FSB at the most if your RAM can go that high.

And the good news is it will overclock just as good as an unlocked one, assuming you have a motherboard and RAM that allow you to work above 200 FSB. I just got a week 48 and now that the AS5 is settling in, it just keeps overclocking better and better. I have not reached its upper limit yet, just slowly working my way upward since it only came on Wednesday.

Hoot

if i up the fsb, will i need to reinstall the watercooler to handle the higher cpu temps?

You know your setup better than I. Anything reasonable that you can do to lower the CPU core temperature is always effort well spent.

Hoot

And no, you can't return a burnt chip for replacement. I would like to have the chip for a keychain if you are gonna toss it. If you wanna make a small trade or cheap sale of it, PM me.

peace.
unloaded

Ouch, performance loss if you run async memory speeds. But hey, its fun and it allows you to at least see what you can max your cpu out. I had a barton that stopped around 2400. Good luck.

-Collin-

Back