• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want new CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookj5

I have a 2500+ barton that i run @2.1 MGz. My MoBo is an Asus A7n8x Delux. I want to get a 3000+ or a 3200+ but can't find much information on how well these processors take to overclocking. I don't like to push too hard and I figure if I start with a faster base I can go faster.The 3000+ runs @2.1 stock and the 3200+ RUNS @2.2 STOCK. Does anyone have any experience with overeclocking either or both of these CPUs?

Keeping in mind new chips are multiplier locked, 2500+ overclocks similar to higher rated Bartons.

Your 200 MHz below average overclock may be due to
-no name cheapo power supply.
-not enough voltage.
-cooling problems.

Post the details of your system, brand of RAM, brand of PSU, what's your FSB?

I have Kingston value memory PC2700 256 x 2. I know my cpu can run faster, I would rather run 8%-10% over stock instead of pound the crap out of it. I am getting Kingston hyper x 256 x 2 with a CL 2-2-2-6 1T. I also ordered a new Zalman heatsink and fan. My FSB is 382.11 with the system clock set at 191.06 and the multipler at 11. when the memory and the fan get here I will push it up to 400FSB.

I forgot to say that Mother board monitor 5 reads my temp at 44. I have a 350 watt powersupply.

keep the 2500 and overclock it, a 3200+ is just a 2500+ thats got a higher multiplier and the FSB is upped to 400MHz rather then 333MHz

I just found out that my Cpu is unlocked. Yay for me! It's a AQXCA 0311 XPEW. Now just gonna get memory and a new heatsink+fan. Thanks guys.

Back