• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most heatsinks are designed for fan blowing toward CPU with the exception of Alpha HS.

The best way would be to try it out yourself. It doesn't take that long to test anyway. :)

My experience is that if you reverse the CPU fan you'll see a slight rise in CPU temps (~ 2C) - everything else remaining constant.

However, with the fan reversed it is easy to duct the warm air from the CPU to the case exhaust, thus reducing your case temps to ambient in one easy step.

This may well reduce CPU temperatures as well, if you did not have great ventilation before.

the ("duct fan") wesson

well i have 5 fans running in total, 2 at the front blowing in, one high speed on the side blowing in and two at the back blowing out, did an experement a while back where i had all fans blowing in but the side which was blowing out, cooled me fx 5800 real nice but me cpu temp went up slightly, cant afford more heat frim cpu as it oc`ed, so maybe wont do it, was just a thought really, chears for the input:D

I have 2 fans blowing in.. 2 blowing out the back.. 1 out on the side..1 on the video card and the mother of all fans blowing on a barton 3200. my temp on the chip rides at ~45c at most times except when I am editing video.. then it rises to ~52+c and i have the cpu clocking at 2.3.. I haven't tried the process you spoke of in your post Blood. I will give it a try this week and let ya know what my temp sensor says..

Back