• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-Del. FSB jumper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookj5

I was haveing no luck with my OCing so I swithed the FSB jumper from default (333/266) to 200FSB. Does anyone know anything about this jumper. The system is running fine at a FSB of 348.1 with the clock set at 174. Am I doing harm to my system? Should I set the jumper back to default? Any comments welcome.

Set it back to the default not on 200 FSB you will OC the board in the bios by switching the CPU freq and run the memory 100% in sync. you wont boot with the jumper in the 200FSB position, cause your CPU isnt rates as a 200FSB compliant, but it is capable

The jumper is there incase you put a duron in that only runs 200mhz ddr, with the frequency set at 100 in the bios. This way you don't fry your duron when you first boot up by running it too quickly.

On my old a7n8x rev1.04, and a 2600+cpu, changing this jumper to the 200mhz setting improved my overclock. Everyone noticed that those with the native 333mhz cpu's had poorer o/c ing than the slower chips. This did seem to help.

Try it both ways and see. Run a scoring benchmark though, just because the fsb is higher does not mean your computer is faster.

Back