• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Corsair XMS for Giga-Byte 7N400 PRO (Version 1) mobo??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TNS

Hello all,

A few months back I purchased a Giga-Byte 7N400 PRO (version 1) mother board. I currently have an old AMD 1700 with 1 GIG of Kingston PC 2100 DDR.

Well I have decided to take a plunge and get a AMD Barton 2500 and 1 GIG of DDR 3200. I know that the new AMD's are 'locked' but all you have to do is up the FSB to 200 and get the 3200 speeds.

What I am wanting to know is what is the BEST Corsair XMS DDR 3200's on the market that will run with this mother board? I have read some reviews of people saying they've had 'issues' with this RAM and the same mobo that I have. Then I've read some where they have it working.

Will either of the two below work? or will have I issues?

"Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail"

and

"Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200PRO - Retail"

I currently am running Windows XP Professional and I have updated the BIOS to (F12).

Thanks for your advise and information in advance,

TNS

TNS,
I have the pro, and have had it for about 8-9 months now, and am very, very happy with it.

I also have corsair 3200 XMS C2, 2 x 256 and aside from the one stick that was discoverd to have errors which corsair promptly replaced ive had absolutely no issues with the ram on my board.

I took ramguys advice at the corsair forum and raised ram voltage to the boards max of 2.8v and employ the Nvidia memory/Higher Tras/ looser timings and get great results
Amd Higher Tras
Amd Memory Timings Explored

While I personally dont have 2 512 sticks of corsair, I have helped many with their giga boards and ram get going.

Laterz,
dafanman:cool:

By the way I can run my mem at 5-2-2-2 and 6-2-2-2 but those values were proved by benchmarking not to be the best.

Back