• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leak!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sm007j

hello everyone. I just had a minor incident with my first watercooling setup. First, I filled the setup out of the case for a leak test. After about 24hrs, I determined it was leak free and installed it in my case. I put the Maze 4 block on the board and installed it in the case. I didn't install anything else at this time because I wanted run it again just for safety. Soon after turning the pump on, I noticed a drop of water running down one of the tubes. This appeared to be comming from one of the radiator barbs which i had installed in the top of my case. I assumed my metal hose clamp wasn't tight enough so I tightened it even more. To my surprise, even more water began flowing from this connection. At this point I loosened all the clamps and all the leaking stoped. Fortunately, during this whole incident, my motherboard remained completely dry and none of my other components were in my case. After it ran leak free for a couple of more hours, I put the rest of the system together. It's now been running fine for about 24hrs. I'm pretty sure the problem was the overly tightened metal clamps were causing the leaking. I just wanted to see if anyone had ever heard of this problem before. At this point I'm just concerned that the clamps wern't really the problem and I'm due for another leak. Thanks for your thoughts.

If you have the worm-drive style clamps, they can crimp the tubing if they're not on tight enough and cause a leak.

Basically you had not done them up tight enough. They need to squish the tubing hard onto the barb, not just squish it lightly.

first of all you prolly made a hole in tube by tighting those clamps so i would take apart and chek b/c you dont wanna come home oneday with water all over your rig, now do ya?

i have, and thought it was he hose, for my prob is was the welding on the barb...

Back