• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power strips and bios saves oh my...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeroKlvn

Registered
Hello all, havent posted for a while, but I thought I'd tell my latest misfortune to the caring masses ;) I was at a lan a little while ago in a friend's basement, and all of us were connected to the same power strip. The strip continually shut off due to far too much power consumption, but the first two times we werent really sure what was going on. Right before the outage, I had been overheating, so once we powered on again, I went in to bios to lower my o/c. At the same time, the host told everyone to shutdown their comps so we could figure out what was goin on, and I yelled out three times that I was in bios and to wait a minute. The host heard me, but the guy next to me didnt...needless to say he switched off the power strip at the exact second that my bios was being saved. Now I'm stuck with a $25 dollar rma charge from abit unless I can get a hold of my friend over at UC Davis who ordered it for me on newegg and get a copy of the invoice. To make matters worse, I think I may need to return the mobo I am using to its rightful owner (Strages), because it seems he just ruined his mobo with a bad bios flash. Well, I'm gonna get some sleep and hope for a miracle. Goodnight!
-zero

Ouch that is seriously bad news. If I were you I wouldn't have been able to not punch the guy who turn the bar off. Another lesson is to Stress test the hell out of the comp and see what it can take before she won't hold. I know it's gonna be hot in LANs. So b4 I go I test the system with only the CPU fan, no AC in the room and let it burn.

EDIT: I forgot to mention have you tried the BIOS recovery, Hotflashing, blind flashing stuff over at nforcershq.com?

What guides are you refering too, tebore?
I was jsut looking for them and I could not find anything. Found a little bit about a link to inquirer that has letters or something, but nothing helpful :(.
If you could point me int he direction of those guides it would be excellent.

Back