• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 3200+ Lagging at the end of the DAY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djpeetur

Im running amd 3200+ with 512 corsair ram on a nf7-s. At the end of the day. When i have many programs open it lags. Even AOL. It said not enough memory to complete task or something like that. Even my Amd 2000+ does that when I use to play on that one for a while . My friends 2.4 p4 @533 fsb run strong for weeks without restarting. Any ideas on how to fix it?

is your system using the swap file? If so more ram will help. Borrow a friends ram and see. I have a similar system and it doesn't at all... ever. But I have a gig of ram too.

djpeetur said:
what is swap file?

When you run out of "physical ram" you pc will start putting data that would normally go into the ram into a file on the hard drive that is called the swap file.

Swap file = bad
because your hard drives are the slowest subsystem in your pc!

Try setting everything back to default... no overclock on anything and see if your problem goes away. If it does you don't have a stable overclock. If it doesn't and your hd is thrashing get more ram.

well it does say. Not enough hard drive space to run operation on AOL. so more ram?

Anybody? My comptuer alwatys lags when i dont restart. p4 dont do that. Sometime i can even open anotther internet eplorer. plecase help

t_biggs said:
AOL is the cause of your problem. ;)

Remove it at once.:D
lol that sure didnt help him :rolleyes:
u might wanna try playing around with the swap file settings
i have almost the same problem but not as bad as urs if i leave my comp on for over a day after playing games etc, trying to erase things i type shows signs of lagg
btw this is on my rig with 256mb of ram so i might not have enough ram, u might have alot of spy ware and ad ware, do a adware and spy ware check, go download spy bot search and destory
and one more thing did u install the chip set driver that may be the problem

I did erase adware stuff. I look into the chipset thing. Also what is the Swap File SEtting. Someone has not explain about that to meyet.

Back