• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 MAX3 Raid0 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jdpeck

I am having trouble getting my Intel Raid to work properly. I have my two WD Raptors (36GB) plugged into SATA1 & 2. The bios settings are set corretly I believe. Onchip Serial ATA is set to enhanced and Onchip Serial ATA Mode is set to RAID. SATA RAID ROM is enabled. I pressed Control + i to set up my Raid0 and it recognized both drives and set them up.

It booted off my Win XP Pro CD and copyed the files successfully but when it rebooted and began setting up XP It either hangs or I get a blue screen of death. On the last attempt I got a memory error followed by a blue screen.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any idea what might be going on with my system

I am using 2 strips of Mushkin 3200 Level 2 High performance black. It was working in my Asus P4c800 yesterday and I grounded myself before transfering it to the new board.

hey, knowing you have Asus's and Abit's best intel board, which one would you recommend?

I'm not very familiar in regegards to which board offers tbe most overclocking headroom and flexibility?

What would you say?

If you want extensive overclocking I would go with the ABIT.

I solved my problem.. sorta. After extensive troubleshooting I changed the last thing I would think could cause a problem. I removed my new processor (3.4ghz) and poped in my old 2.53 and XP installed cleanly with no problems.

I think I either got a defective cpu, or the board doesn't support the 3.4ghz (which would come as a shock to me).

interesting.

I once had a 1.7ghz p4 and one day my computer wouldn't boot.

I popped in the one from my other computer to find out that the original chip had fried.

And then of course my warranty had run out :(

What kind of raid performance are you getting? I've got 2 raptors in raid 0 on my IC7 max 2 and it's scoring 64MB/s under sandra. This is almost exactly the same score Sandra gives to a setup with 2 7200rpm ide drives in raid 0. I moved the drives to the silicon image controller and reinstalled win2k, and the score is exactly the same. Sandra says 2 raptors in raid 0 should score 95MB/s. I've flashed to the latest bios which had a new firmware version for both controllers, but the score remained unchanged.

Jdpeck said:
If you want extensive overclocking I would go with the ABIT.

I solved my problem.. sorta. After extensive troubleshooting I changed the last thing I would think could cause a problem. I removed my new processor (3.4ghz) and poped in my old 2.53 and XP installed cleanly with no problems.

I think I either got a defective cpu, or the board doesn't support the 3.4ghz (which would come as a shock to me).

I had the same problem with my 3.2C on an IC7 board. In my case I just lowered the bus speed to 133MHz and my RAID installation went on without a hitch.

Back