• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this the limit of my Corsair 3500c2 ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gplracer

I have an 8RDA+ running at 215x11. It is using Corsair 3500c2 ram. The problem is that 215fsb is my limit. I have two brand new Abit NF7-S motherboards The best I could do on the NF7-S's was 210fsb stable. I even did the wire mod and tried some Corsair 3200 ram I had from a friend and another processor. Nothing would help at all. I thought I would use mem test to test my ram. 215fsb gave no errors. I then moved the ram up to 225 11-3-3-2 and the fsb down to 186mhz on the computer with the 8RDA+. It would not even boot! Sirens went off. Is it possible that my Corsair just runs at its rated speed of 215mhz? I thought the timings of 11-3-3-2 were pretty conservative.

Is there some ram that I can get that will do 235 or 240 without a problem?

yea...i did not have good experience with xms ll either. max i hit was around 215mhz too on pc3200 :)
save some bucks and get GeIL it oc way better than corsair IMHO

Back